Background: On the Potomac, Lansdowne’s upscale, fine dining restaurant, had a new chef and new menus. They made everything homemade in the restaurant and purchased locally. They had their own garden in the summer and their own bee hive.
Challenge: Increase covers on all days, but in particular Tuesday-Thursday.
Results: With virtually no marketing dollars allocated to food and beverage, we put in place a strong PR campaign, supported by an ongoing social media campaign. Covers increased in the first quarter alone by 20% and the trend was continued over the summer and into the fall.
- Hosted press on a regular basis, particularly during Sounds of Summer, generated an ongoing amount of public relations.
- Began a strong social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter with ongoing events and fun facts. Increased Followers by 10% is two months.
- Began a customer service “how are we doing” card to generate return business. If we received their e-mail (total of 400 in 3 months), we provided 10% off their next reservation for two.
- Our partnership with the local wineries provided many wine tasting events. We had 40 people for the Corcoran wine tasting in the middle of a snow storm.
- Created an ongoing e-mail campaign, called Vine and Dine, to keep previous guest and the local community informed about events and happenings. The local press also received this communications.