Background: J&G Steakhouse opened in 2009 in the W hotel on the corner of 15th and Pennsylvania Avenue. In 2013 it was scheduled for renovations and the owners wanted a Public Relations effort highlighting the renovation, Bar 515 and an opening event.
Challenge: Getting press to attend during a busy September with many other events in the food and beverage arena. Client wanted a review by Tom Sietsema, Washington Post food writer.
Solution: With one month before renovation and the restaurant closing for six weeks, we began an aggressive effort to contact local press to get the word out. We also incorporated social media and increased fan on Facebook by 20% with Boost Posts and advertising campaigns. We put in place a strong PR campaign, supported by an ongoing social media campaign.
- Hosted over 300 clients, press, bloggers and writers at the Grand Opening event, which we managed and promoted.
- Cocktail segment on News Channel 8 “Let’s Talk Live” with Domingo of W Hotels and guest bartender for the opening explaining the martini cart.
- Foodie and Beast segment with Domingo, guest bartender from W Hotels explaining specialty cocktails.
- Tom Sietsema Review, Washington Post.
- Hosted many food bloggers for lunch, cocktails and dinner to have them experience the new renovation, bar, and private dining room.
- Articles on the new opening, menu, and renovation were in DC Luxury, Capital File, Daily Candy, Washington Post, City Eats, Eater, and many blogs.
- Began re-branding through local advertising creating a ‘buzz’.
- Began a customer service “business card” promotion to generate return business promoting brunch, valet parking, power breakfast and happy hour.
- Our partnership with Downtown BID, DestinationDC and RAMW continued the opening buzz with events in November.
- Created an ongoing e-mail campaign promoting events, menus and promotions. The local press also received these communications.
- Created Instagram account and created a social media calendar for Facebook and Twitter. Increased J&G Followers by 20%. Denise has over 800 writers and bloggers followers on Twitter and Facebook, garnering immediate attention from influencers.