Background: Formerly The Jockey Club, 2100 Prime’s new ‘fresh ingredient’ concept was developed by the corporate office and was announced in September 2011. The Capital Wine Festival is an event that takes place in the restaurant, January through March.
Challenge: Developed a strong brand for the restaurant and the Capital Wine Festival, solidified mission statement in a short period of time while creating a public relations buzz for the restaurant and the Capital Wine Festival. The goal was to increase reservations on a weekly basis in the restaurant and creating a profit for the Capital Wine Festival.
- Received pre-opening exposure for the restaurant in Washington Post, Washington Business Journal, Bisnow, Washington Life, NOW, TheListareyouonit, Capitol File and WTOP Radio.
- Garned earned media worth $300,000 through PR efforts for the Capital Wine Festival: News 4,Washington Life, Tasting Table, Washington Times, Twitter, Facebook, Channel 9, BizNow, Washington Flyer, WHERE, Washington Post “To Do” Listing.
- Hosted food writers and bloggers at every Capital Wine Festival dinner for the first time at this event.
- Created partnerships with DestinationDC, Dupont BID, RAMW, City Eats and Open Table hosting events and promotions.
- Designed and developed Facebook pages and contests, Twitter, Four Square, Open Table, Living Social Gourmet, Yelp, Zagat and Destination DC.
Results: Once the marketing and PR began, Open Table reservations increased by 3%, a slow and steady increase. For the first time in four years, The Capital Wine Festival dinners were sold out and the event made a profit.