Background: Doukénie Winery, privately owned and one of Virginia’s award-winning wineries, is located in Loudoun County, DC’s Wine Country. On 425 acres of farm land, the winery produced its first vintage in 1995 and produces 4,000-5,000 cases per year consisting of six whites, ten reds and one dessert wine. The wine is sold at the winery and through its private club, The Heritage Club.
Challenge: Our primary goal was to increase visitors to the winery through Public Relations and Social Media. Knowing that every effort would link to the site, we recommended a new web site and a Google Paid ad campaign to push traffic to the site.
Solution: We created a heavily photo-centric site to sell the experience of visiting Doukénie. The site is tracked through Google Analytics and has a strong event module and CMS module so the client can revise the site at any time. The site is also mobile-ready. We created a blog and created content for the blog.
- Re-launched web site and to date visitor traffic increased 600%.
- Increased wedding business by 18% with online marketing through TheKnot, Wedding Wire and SEO.
- Visitation numbers were up particularly at events. Began using Eventbrite for online registrations.
- Created a Google and Facebook ad campaigns to increase attendance at fall events.
- We set up the landing page, http://www.Doukéniewinery.com/landing-page and it went live on Sept. 10.
- The landing page generated 294 visits to the site with an average site visit of 2.5 pages/visit. 86% of this traffic was new to the site; they spent an average of 1.24 minutes on the site.
- Campaign Reach: 22,845
Clicks: 591 (total clicks to the FB page and other parts of FB)
Total Spent: $100 ($20/day)
- Facebook and Google ads: created several ads to promote Wedding Wire Reviews that ran 12/26/13-1/2/14 with a total budget of $100. We spent $71.59 and the results were good: Reached almost 7,000 people
Actions = 162
122 website clicks
32 Post LIKES
8 Page LIKES
- Claimed YELP listing and managed online reputation. Increased visits to YELP by 40% with quality listing and photos.